Friday, April 12, 2013

Good Ole Vermont Weather!

Good Ole Vermont weather!  This morning began with ice on the windshield and raining pellets.  By the time I arrived at work it was like nothing had happened weather wise.  This afternoon was the call from school about no after school buses because of the weather.  What?  Because of the weather?  It was snowing when I left work and arrived home to find that the plows had been out.  The wind was howling and it sure was fun driving in it.  I'm home now and don't have to go back until Monday.  This weekend is suppose to be nice but cold.  I'll take that.  It sure is pretty on the mountains, just not on the roads.

On the quilting front, I took apart the progress I had made on the Schnibbles "Hat Trick".  I found that it had too much yellow.  We'll (dd & I) get it all to play nice.  I would also like to get the simple quilting done on my first really scrappy kinda Sister's Choice quilt.  I say kinda Sister's Choice because mine is sashed but Bonnie Hunter's isn't.  It's my first really scrappy because it's really scrappy for me.  I'm an organized scrappy at most.  I really like it.  I'm going to give it to my boss when it's finished.  We all have been going through a lot in the last month at work.  She deserves it.

DD will probably do some baking in the new stove.  We couldn't see putting as much money into something to fix when we could get a new for just a few more $$.  We decided to switch from gas to electric.  We had to run a new line to the kitchen for it but I feel much safer now.  I didn't mind the range part being gas but was very scared of the oven being gas.

How fast a year goes by.  It's starting to feel like home.  We still have lots of little things to do, but they require outdoors and if today was any indication it's going to be a while.  I wish I had taken before shots, too bad the camera had been packed away.

I hope to be back soon...now that I found my password!

No comments:

Post a Comment