Sunday, February 2, 2014

January Accomplishments

I have had a busy month.  It's been bitter cold the whole month.  Almost everyday temps in the -double digits.  This is the weather I remember as a kid.  My fingers get really cold and painful quickly.  I had severe frostbite when I was 7.  I couldn't even hold a spoon.  This weather is just like it was then.  I remember that vividly!

Just what have I made you ask?  Lets take a peak! (hopefully lots of pics will be showing)

I wasn't going to make Bonnie's Celtic Solstice until she posted her clue with the 4 patches.  I decided to make mine smaller using 2 1/2" units instead of 3 1/2".  I haven't finished the top yet but am starting on the blocks.
pinwheel & chevrons
peaky & spike





Celtic Solstice
Here is the January block for Judy's (Patchwork Times) Scrap Challenge.  We share the same feelings with scrap quilts.  If I'm to shrink my stash I need to work way out of my box.  This challenge should help.
January organized scrappy

4 bonus corner triangles for each diamond

12 blocks later
This was a quilt as you go without any hand sewing.  It just needs binding. I used the bonus HST's for the corner stones on the sashing.  It's a very pretty baby quilt.  5 1/2 yards was used.  All from my stash!!!!

In between these I was playing with different blocks:
dancing stars
maple leaf
mini puddle jumping

I took Camille's Craftsy Class:
Hash Tag - class exclusive pattern


Swoon













mini swoon- just had to make it smaller after making the big one!














These are not all that I have done this month...more to come on that later....Dona


No comments:

Post a Comment