Saturday, April 26, 2014

Sew Together bag



I had been wanting a bag like this for quite a while.  I finally bought the pattern.  I've made several different style bags and this one went together pretty easily for me.  The one part I had trouble with was binding the edges after the lining (piece with all the pockets) is placed with the outside. Not the easiest task along those pocket edges.  I looked to the writer's blog...nothing.  I looked at other's blogs who had made it, no mention about this problem.  Guess it's just me.  Finally got it finished.  Then the gal's at work saw it and wanted one, and I made three more.

I found that the ladies at quilt barn were doing a sew along after I had made a few.        http://quiltbarn.blogspot.com/2014/03/my-sew-along-bag.html .

 I want to figure out how to make the pockets deeper.  I want mine to be more like a general handbag.  This one is perfect for a sewing kit, make up bag, pencil bag, crochet hook bag, etc.
 This isn't a pattern for beginners.  There aren't a lot of pictures.  If you follow the link to the sew along it will definitely help.  I didn't discover it until after I made mine.  When I make another one I will try to remember to take some for how too's.  Also when I figure out how to make it bigger I'll do a post on that.

A Rainy day here and we have to go get base fabric for one of the prom dresses.  I post on those later also.  Just wish this 3 day head ache would go away!!

No comments:

Post a Comment