Here is the latest addition to the family. ASHES! I knew right off that was her name. We got her on June 1. She was only 5 weeks old. I know they should be older than that. She came from a farm and we had been waiting for mom to let them make their appearance to the world. She kept them hidden pretty good. Ashes came out and rubbed against the farmer's leg and that was it. We think she was the runt. She has 6 other brothers and sisters (we found out a month later). She was so tiny and loveable. She is the only one who will let anyone pet her. The rest will only come about 6 feet from you and that was just last week. She's still on the small side but we love her just the same. She was meant to be with us. Recently she has taken to staying outside all day hanging out over the railing. Yes, I did say hanging over the railing. Her belly is flat with her legs hanging over each side. What a riot. She won't be doing that when there is 6 inches of snow in her spot.
Oh, and at night she thinks my mouse should hang by it's tail! (My wireless one is a pain to use).
Speaking of that horrible white stuff...here are my tuffets I made for the month of December. Mine are not pincushions...they are hot mats, mug rugs, coasters,...what ever is your favorite title. I put insul-brite in them. The flag tuffet is made like a pillow cover so you could put a pincushion bag in it if you would like. They are the scraps from xmas gifts. The xmas gifts were dresden plates with insul brite in them to use as large hot mats, place mats, or plate chargers as I gave them in sets of 4.
4 plate size chargers, the center piece one was the same just bigger at 20" side to side.
The colors in the charger picture are more accurate. These (dresdens) were a bit challenging in trying to figure out how to finish the edges. I wasn't going to miter all those points. I hade 4 sets of 5 each (4 plate size and 1 gigantic) to finish. The backing of each was a circle with the edges turned under so it that ran just inside of the valley of each peak on the back side.
My Dulcinea was made with April Cornel's Sunshine collection (almost 12 schnibbles to make this queen quilt). I had bought the fabric a couple of years ago and set it aside for a strip quilt thinking I had a 1/2 yard bundle. I needed to make a wedding gift and when I bought this pattern I knew those fabrics would work. Turns out they were FQ's. I knew they would all play together. Why wouldn't they, they're all from the same collection.
You have to understand I do not do well with scrappy quilts. That is one of the reasons that I decided to do this. I saw it as a challenge to myself to "work out of my box". I also saw them as a way to use up some of the humgust stash and maybe be able to complete them. NOT. I haven't seen a dent in the stash; but alot of organizing has happened. Although the top pile is a bit bigger, it's easier to quilt one of these than to push and wrestle with one as big a Dulcinea. No wonder I'm mostly a topper!
Remember your quilt WILL get finished ...Stitch by Stitch