Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Recycled and reused

This was my grandmother's.  I have kept it for sentimental reasons but wasn't really liking the picture.  What to do, what to do?
I went looking for ideas and found these amongst the scraps and stash.  They kinda play nice.
The floral fabric is what I used as the curtains and the shower curtain in our bathroom.  I love the green and I'm very partial to teal, so I then made these:
I always find myself gravitating to making mini's.
Sorry it's a blurry picture but that is a dime.  Sew a few of these together and I have this:
It measures about 12 1/2" x 19 1/2".  I quilted it on the diagonal only in the green rows in both directions using 2 layers of felt.  Can you guess what I did next?
I wasn't so crazy about the teal but I figured I'd leave it.  I can live with it.  It's going in the bathroom and be the new home to my "stuff".  I don't put things on the back of doors.  It will dress up an empty wall.

When I finished this I enjoyed a bit of the beautiful weather we are having.  I had to check on a spot in the lawn that we have been watching.
Just as I snapped this picture the ground moved.  I'm gonna keep it a surprise as to what it is....no it's not snakes or mice!  I don't know how long it will be here though.  I'll try to keep posting about it.

Gotta go find another project to do.   Till later.....

1 comment:

  1. It's SO cute! What a great idea for an "up-cycled" project!

    ReplyDelete