Sunday, June 9, 2013

Side tracked...

Surprising how time flies.  I hadn't realized a month has gone by since my last post.

I have gotten side tracked with family history.  I took advantage of the few nice sunny days a couple weeks ago and visited some of my families cemeteries for pictures.  Of course then I had to post them on the family tree which seemed to bring up one question or another...that lead to another task which lead to another, etc.  Why is it that no matter what task we choose there are always loose ends to be put off until another day?

My work schedule has also been crazy.  Road construction season has started, it's everywhere.  My commute is 1/2 hr. one way on a normal day.  Depending on what time of day the drive is another 1/2 gets added.  I'm beat or hungry when I get home.  No energy to set up to sew.  Cool, damp, rainy weather doesn't help.  On the up side, the mountains are beautiful in their different greens.  Early mornings watching the fog burn off with the cardinals signing is awesome.   I just want to take in this beauty (can't see it when I sew).

This is my organized box of scraps less than 2" after I saw this post:







I love mini's!  I have been know to work with 3/4" strips.  ( have an awesome one going right now, more later)  Most of my mini's work with 1" to 1 1/4" strips.  The "to do" list is some string blocks at some point.




 I started going through my "basket" and came up with this to be used as leaders and enders.  Of course once I started one I couldn't stop.  Sound like the "Lay's Potatoe Chip" ad.






These blocks are 2 1/2" x 2 1/2".  I searched for different bowtie settings.  I found one laying the blocks out like the left side picture.  Of course there is more to be added to the 4 bowties to complete the block.  I'll post more on that when I get to that stage.  I need to see if I have more FQ's or yardage of some of these.  The completed block uses 4 of the same print.  I'm still not comfortable with the scrappies.
  

In looking for "extra" fabric for my bowties, I found these:







They became another leader ender project. So far it has become this: (over 100 pairs)


Here's just 20 pairs laid out randomly.  This is going to be a good size quilt when done.

There isn't one print duplicated.  I think I was collecting for a true charm quilt.  Some where there is an applecore baggie that I knew was to be a charm quilt. 

  Oh, oh, oh... the sun is making an appearance...gotta go play.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. This is my first visit to your blog! I love family history, too, and I know how time consuming it can be. I really like your tiny bowties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little bow ties and tumblers!

    ReplyDelete