Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Minatures

What is it with my love for minature quilts?  Is it the challenge of taking a large (regular) pattern and making it smaller.  Is it the cuteness of its small size?  Or is it the accomplishement of just doing the pattern and not having the ability (space confined) to make it a normal size?  I think it's the combination of all of the above.
I ADORE minis!
 It  took ME awhile to figure this out about myself.  Other people had figured that out long before I did.

Well I think it's time to do another one.  Even though things are still green around here nights are getting cooler.  I have even spotted some color changes in the trees.  We all know what that means.   My favorite time of year will be approaching soon.  Yellows, Golds, Browns, and Oranges with Black making it all pop!  I have admired roque quilter's mini Burgoynne Surround for ages it seems.  I want one for myself!  I didn't have the minature quilt magazine she used.  I could find a pattern out there.  I even have the quilt along pattern that she based hers on.

Well guess what I found while thumbing through and old book I had.  (Found the book while looking for Sharyn Craig's book I have).  I found Marti Michell's book Quilting for People Who Still Don't Have Time to Quilt.  The section starting on page 155 is Burgoynne Surround.  Ok, no excuses now.

I would like to blog about this journey.  I hope I don't get the "squirrel" effect.  Those that know me well would agree.

I have the pattern.  I have the common size of a piece.  Next is to determine the sizes of the other pieces in the block and pull fabrics.  I'm thinking Halloween fabrics.  I will have to see.  I will try to post pictures at a later date.  If you are reading this...stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment